Apostolate and plan spiritual and social events throughout the year. They meet 4 X a year after the 11:15 Mass at St. Matthew Lower Church, 3000 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19149. The ICDA also meets using Zoom. There is a lunch social after Mass before the meeting begins. All are welcome!
International Catholic Deaf Association, Chapter #8
Our Lady of Ransom, Philadelphia
We are holding off on electing a new executive board until after memberships are renewed and we can build up membership and participation.
If you want to know more about ICDA or would like a member to contact you, please email Jeff at email@example.com; Patty firstname.lastname@example.org; Mike at email@example.com; Patty at firstname.lastname@example.org; or Kristy at email@example.com. Consider being part of this great organization. . Sr. Kathleen Schipani, IHM is the chapter’s moderator and spiritual advisor.
The ICDA Chapter # 8, which was chartered in 1952, follows the goals and purpose of the ICDA-US which includes:
- To promote cultural, spiritual and social union among deaf and hard-of-hearing Catholics;
- To promote the teachings and principles of the Catholic Church among deaf and hard of hearing people under the guidance of the bishops in union with the Holy Father, the Pope;
- To engage in charitable work pertaining to the educational, spiritual and moral development of deaf and hard of hearing Catholics;
- To provide accurate information to the public, concerning deaf and hard-of-hearing Catholics; and
- To recognize all people as brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, our Savior.