Deaf Catholic Lay Organizations: Organizations of the Deaf Catholics support the mission of the Deaf Apostolate and plan spiritual and social events throughout the year:
International Catholic Deaf Association, Chapter #8
Our Lady of Ransom, Philadelphia
The elected officers of the ICDA, Chapter # 8 are: President -Kristy Griffin, Vice President -Patty McFadden, Secretary – Debbie Fowler; Treasurer– Nikesha Centeno. Board of Governors– Mike Lynch, Rosie Yuch & Miguel Centeno. Sr. Kathleen Schipani, IHM is the chapter’s moderator and spiritual advisor.
The ICDA Chapter # 8, which was chartered in 1952, follows the goals and purpose of the ICDA-US which includes:
- To promote cultural, spiritual and social union among deaf and hard-of-hearing Catholics;
- To promote the teachings and principles of the Catholic Church among deaf and hard of hearing people under the guidance of the bishops in union with the Holy Father, the Pope;
- To engage in charitable work pertaining to the educational, spiritual and moral development of deaf and hard of hearing Catholics;
- To provide accurate information to the public, concerning deaf and hard-of-hearing Catholics; and
- To recognize all people as brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ, our Savior.